One week after getting smacked around by Kentucky, Florida football is back at it today in The Swamp to take on Vanderbilt.
This week’s injury report is a straight-up mystery grab bag, as nine different Gators are on the list.
As last week reminded us, these reports don’t have to have any actual accuracy to them, so take all of these with a grain of salt.
Florida Football: Who isn’t on the list?
- Tre Wilson – Last week it was believed that Wilson was going to return from the collarbone injury he suffered against Tennessee. That turned out to be a lie. So even though Wilson is once again listed as healthy and ready to go against Vanderbilt, we will believe it once we see it.
- Austin Barber – The starting left tackle for all five games this season is listed as questionable with a lower-body issue.
- Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman – He has been on the injured report since the start of the season and once again is listed as questionable. We would be somewhat surprised if this is the week he actually gets on the field.
- Caleb Douglas – Unfortunately, Douglas is going to be out for a while after he was rolled up on against Kentucky.
- Kingsley Eguakun – As we have written, no player may be more important to Florida’s offense than Eguakun. After coming off the injured list to play against Tennessee, Eguakun sat out against UNC Charlotte before returning again vs Kentucky. He didn’t look great last week and is listed as questionable today.
- Trevor Etienne – Probably the most notable player on the injured list, Etienne is listed as questionable with an upper-body issue. It would not be shocking to see him sit out today, depending on the severity of the issue.
- Miguel Mitchell – The safety room is starting to get real thin real quick. No, Kamari Wilson is still not on the roster. And with Mitchell listed as questionable, Florida football might only have three scholarship safeties today.
- Jonathan Odom – Odom has been in all five games this season, but he is out this week with an upper-body issue
- Ja’Markis Weston – Weston continues to be listed as out since the Utah game.
- Dante Zanders – Zanders did not appear in the loss to Kentucky after appearing in the first four games of the season. He is listed as questionable.
- Tony Livingston – After being out since the Utah game, Livingston is listed on the depth chart as healthy today.