The rosters for the 2014 Pro Bowl were announced Friday and two Florida alumni will compete for the AFC.
Mike Pouncey was chosen as a center from the Miami Dolphins and Joe Haden as a cornerback from the Cleveland Browns.
Pouncey, one of four Dolphins voted into the Pro Bowl, was the 15th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. He started 14 of Miami’s 16 games this season. This will be his first Pro Bowl.
Haden, one of five Browns voted into the Pro Bowl, was the seventh pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. He started 15 games for Cleveland this year, recording 54 tackles, four interceptions and his first career touchdown. This is also his first Pro Bowl.
Kick-off for the 2014 Pro Bowl is set for 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26 from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Here’s how the 34 former Gators on NFL rosters fared this week:
- S Matt Elam (2010-2012), Baltimore Ravens: 10 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
- WR Deonte Thompson (2009-2012), Baltimore Ravens: Inactive
- LB Jon Bostic (2010-2012), Chicago Bears: Started at MLB
- S Major Wright (2007-2009), Chicago Bears: 8 tackles
- DE Carlos Dunlap (2007-2009), Cincinnati Bengals: 2 tackles, 1 pass defense, 3 QB hits
- S Reggie Nelson (2004-2006), Cincinnati Bengals: 7 tackles, 2 pass defenses
- CB Joe Haden (2007-2009), Cleveland Browns: Injured – hip pointer
- WR Andre Caldwell (2003-2007), Denver Broncos: 3 receptions for 42 yards
- LB Lerentee McCray (2008-2012), Denver Broncos: Injured reserve – ankle
- DE Jeremy Mincey (2004-2005), Denver Broncos: DNP
- RB Chris Rainey (2007-2011), Indianapolis Colts: Injured – ankle (out for season)
- OT Xavier Nixon (2009-2012), Indianapolis Colts: DNP
- S Josh Evans (2009-2012), Jacksonville Jaguars: 4 tackles
- DT Jaye Howard (2007-2011), Kansas City Chiefs: Inactive
- RB Mike Gillislee (2009-2012), Miami Dolphins: Inactive
- LB Jelani Jenkins (2009-2012), Miami Dolphins: 1 tackle
- C Mike Pouncey (2007-2010), Miami Dolphins: Started at C
- K Caleb Sturgis (2008-2012), Miami Dolphins: 1/1 PATs
- DT Shariff Floyd (2010-2012), Minnesota Vikings: 2 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
- LB Brandon Spikes (2006-2009), New England Patriots: 1 tackle
- S Will Hill (2008-2010), New York Giants: 6 tackles
- WR Louis Murphy (2005-2008), New York Giants: 1 reception for 8 yards
- DE Jermaine Cunningham (2006-2009), New York Jets: Inactive
- WR David Nelson (2005-2009), New York Jets: 5 receptions for 66 yards
- WR Riley Cooper (2006-2009), Philadelphia Eagles: 3 receptions for 39 yards
- RT Marcus Gilbert (2006-2010), Pittsburgh Steelers: Started at RT
- C Maurkice Pouncey (2007-2009), Pittsburgh Steelers: Injured – torn ACL and MCl (out for season)
- DT Ray McDonald (2002-2006), San Francisco 49ers: 3 tackles
- WR Percy Harvin (2006-2008), Seattle Seahawks: Injured – hip
- CB Janoris Jenkins (2008-2010), St. Louis Rams: Started at RCB
- RB Jeff Demps (2008-2011), Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Injured – groin (out for season)
- QB Rex Grossman (1999-2002), Washington Redskins: DNP
- OL Maurice Hurt (2006-2010), Washington Redskins: Injured reserve – knee
- TE Jordan Reed (2009-2012), Washington Redskins: Injured reserve – concussion