This game was U-G-L-Y. Well mostly just in the first half. Here is your quarter by quarter breakdown. Jeff Driskel is out for the season.
- Tennessee deferred, and the Gators received the opening kick off.
- Kyle Christy dropped the ball on the punt, and the Volunteers started off with phenomenal field position. They promptly fumbled the ball and gave it back to the Gators.
- Driskel then threw an pick six, was being hit while he threw; he was also injured on the play. Tyler Murphy stepped in for the Gators. Austin Hardin later connected on a 23 yard field goal
Score: Tennessee 7 – 3 Florida
- A short pass from Tyler Murphy to Solomon Patton resulted in a 52 yard touchdown.
- Peterman throws an interception (ball slipped). Darious Cummings almost had the pick six but was nudged down by Dominique Easley.
- Murphy and the Gators drove down the field (that’s possible?). Mack Brown capped it off with a three yard touchdown run.
Score: Florida 17 – 7 Tennessee
- Tennessee received the second half kick off. They capped off the drive with a 44 yard field goal.
- Purifoy was injured on the ensuing kick. He was icing his leg on the trainer’s table.
- On the next drive for the Gators, Murphy connected to Dunbar on a long pass. Matt Jones later rushed for a three yard TD.
Score: Florida 24 – 10 Tennessee
- Tyler Murphy looked more impressive. Ended a drive with a eight yard TD run.
- Brian Poole became the first Florida player ejected for targeting this season.
- Justin Worley connects with Alton Howard for a 18 yard TD.
- Jabari Gorman later picks off Worley.
Score: Florida 31 – Tennessee 17
For more on the Gators make sure to follow us on Twitter (@HailFloridaHail)